Monday, March 14, 2011

ready to walk down the aisle?...

March 12, 2011
I will never forget that date. It was my first time to be in a wedding event – an expo. Being employed in Summit Media is an advantage; you get certain perks and privileges like a complimentary ticket for two!
Originally, I am not in an official business or I don’t have my boss’ blessing to attend the said activity. However, I was given a ticket by my friend from the trade marketing department.  So why not?
I woke up six in the morning so that I could arrive at the place earlier.  The venue is in the SMX Convention centre, anyway. The thing is that, I need to chauffer my friend to the said venue since she is not familiar of the how-to’s.  Lucky for me, I don’t have a car.  That makes the journey even more exciting, at least for that moment.
Upon arrival, we ate at the very famous and the very often visited fast-food chain – McDonalds.  The mall of Asia is indeed the biggest mall in Asia, and unfortunately, the SMX is in the other side!  So walk-walk-walk-walk-walk.  We went inside the expo and stayed in our booth for quite a little bit.  Then I left Mitch to go to offer subscriptions and basically market some potential clients of our magazines.  The other one in the booth is giving free Martha Stewart Weddings magazine to those who will sign up. 
Then i received a text from Ruby, our officemate.  She was also in the venue at that very moment.  Si I decided to give her a call and meet her.  Since Mitch could not leave the booth, Ruby and I decided to circle the place.
There were wedding gowns of different styles and different prices.  Wow! Unique designs and unusual colours.  There were makeup services, event coordinators, hotel reservations, catering packages, limousine rentals, photo booth rentals, eye-catching souvenirs, wineries, mini bars – name it!  What’s so funny is that we were invited by every photo booth to try their services.  So we got so many free photos! We also had a chance to sample some sugary sweets!
During lunch time, I together with Ruby and Mitch dined at Kenny Rogers.  OMG!  The manager was such a maniac.  He was peeking on my friend every now and then.  Good thing there was a feedback form.  I wrote:  STOP PEEKING ON ME WHILE I AM EATING, ITS DISGUSTING, RUDE AND ANNOYING.  Then we decided to give my digits. I’m sure it’s a set up to get Mitch’s number. Anyway, we left the store and the manager even went outside after us, Indeed annoying!
Ruby and I went to the skating rink after going home.  Ruby dropped me at Vito Cruz because she is heading to somewhere.  When I arrived at Boni, I just dropped my bulky things, decided to take a bath again and headed to MOA again.  That’s around 5:30.  I arrived at MOA 8:04.  Thanks for the heavy traffic jam!
Then I witnessed the pyro musical competition.  The fireworks were awesome! I am reunited with Mitch and we ate at some fine dining.  We had problem on our way back. There were so many people and just a few cabs.  We practically, along with so many people, walk until the very edge of Leveriza St. We arrived home by almost midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment